Two Oceans Aquarium
The Two Oceans Aquarium, situated in Portswood Square at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront is one of Cape Town’s premier attractions. Established in 1995, the aquarium is located where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet, and comprises 7 captivating exhibits with large viewing windows. With over 3000 different marine creatures to meet, the Two Oceans Aquarium is not to be missed.
The exciting exhibits include the Atlantic Ocean gallery with translucent jellyfish, rare Knysna seahorses, and giant spider crabs; the Cape Fur Seal exhibit; and the Indian Ocean gallery with tropical fish, bright anemones, and coral reefs. The Kelp Forest exhibit is one of the aquarium’s biggest attractions and is comprised of an underwater forest that is home to shoals of glistening silver fish. Other features include a frog and penguin exhibit. Those who are brave enough (and have a scuba license) can dive with sharks, rays, eels, turtles, and other interesting fish in the Predator Tank. As you make your way through the aquarium, you can read up on the anti-whaling campaign, the Sacred Ocean Whaling Debate.
Kids will be kept entertained at the children’s play centre with marine character puppet shows, face painting, and supervised arts and crafts activities. There are also several souvenirs shops as well as a tuck-shop for refreshments and snacks.
• Oceans of Contrast: Atlantic Ocean Gallery
• Oceans of Contrast: Indian Ocean Gallery
• I&J Predator Exhibit
• Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit.
• Sappi River Meander African Penguin exhibit
• Frogs: Beyond the Pond
• Scared Ocean: The Great Whaling Debate
• AfriSam Children’s Centre Rockhopper Penguin exhibit
• Touch pool
• Predator Tank: 15h00 daily, excluding sharks
• Sharks: Sundays 15h00
• Kelp Forest: Wednesdays and Saturdays 12h00
• Sappi River Meander African penguin exhibit: 11h45; 14h30 daily
• AfriSam Children’s Centre Rockhopper Penguin exhibit: 11h30 daily
Two Oceans Aquarium Map:
Reviews of Two Oceans Aquarium:
Things to do near Two Oceans Aquarium