The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is the largest convention and conference facility in the Cape Town City Bowl. Established in 2003, it boasts world-class facilities and is easily accessible to business people staying in the popular hotels in the city centre. The massive 6.1 hectare venue is a vibrant 11,200m² space filled with meeting rooms, conference venues, auditoriums, exhibition halls, and restaurants that cater for all business, private, trade, or social occasions.
The conference facility is located in the Cape Town Foreshore area, and is easily accessible from the city bowl. The main entrance is in Lower Loop Street or Walter Sisulu Avenue. Entrance can also be gained via Buitengracht Street. The GPS co-ordinates are -33.915141, 18.425657
There are over 1300 secure parking bays available for guests driving to the convention centre. Shuttle services are available from these parking areas to the CTICC.
- 740 bays on P1 are accessed via the Buitengracht or Walter Sisulu Avenue/Long Street entrance.
- 250 bays on P2 are located in the Westin Cape Town hotel basement.
- 330 bays on P3 are situated in the CTICC basement.
- The CTICC is conveniently located along the MyCiti Bus route, offering safe public transport across the city.
- Metered taxis, air-conditioned coaches, and shuttle buses regularly travel between the airport, hotels, city centre, and tourist destinations.
- Cape Town Central Station is situated in the CBD with an extensive rail system.
- Water taxis provide relaxed transport via the Roggebaai canal between the V&A Waterfront and the CTICC.
- The central location makes walking a great choice from major hotels in the area.
- Safe bicycle routes provide transport for visitors. As part of its commitment to minimising its carbon footprint, the CTICC encourages this mode of transport and will even include a dedicated bicycle hiring facility.
VENUE AND CAPACITY
Two large 11 square kilometre auditoriums seat up to 1500 people each, and exhibition space of roughly 11km is available. The convention centre caters for people with disabilities with full wheelchair access, designate drop off points, disabled parking bays, wide doors, wheelchair seating, and elevators with Braille inscriptions.
- World class catering facilities
- Grand Ballroom (seats 1300 banquet style and 1020 buffet style)
- 2 auditoriums (seats 1,500 and 620)
- Roof terrace room and balcony (seats 300)
- Registration foyer (300 theatre style, 200 classroom style)
- 3 storey gallery
- Meeting suites
- IT and audio visual services
- Exhibition, trade show, and film shoot venues
- Disabled facilities
- Marimba Restaurant & Cigar Bar
- Coffee on the Square coffee shop
- Foreign Exchange Bureau
- Business centre
- On-site medical assistance
- Neotel telepresence room
- Prayer room
- Event management services
- 2 multi-functional dining areas
- Disabled faciltiies
- Parking and transport