Crocworld is an exciting family attraction in Scottburgh, KwaZulu-Natal. Visitors to the park can enjoy relaxing in the 24 hectare botanical garden filled with indigenous trees and plants. Marvel at spectacular sea views, as you encounter a variety of interesting animals that inhabit the park, such as hundreds of breeding crocodiles, an array of birds, and numerous reptiles from snakes to tortoises.
Crocworld forms part of the Mpambanyoni Conservation Development that seeks to establish sustainable and sensitive development of the greater Scottburgh area. The park was initially started to farm the Nile crocodile, but as the park grew, several other animals arrived to join Crocworld and provide visitors will a great all-rounded experience. Although the sight of hundreds of crocodiles basking in the sun can be rather intimidating, rest assured they’re all housed safely within enclosures. You can expect to see include a number of alligators, African dwarf crocodiles, and slender-snouted crocodiles. Don’t miss the daily crocodile feedings at 11h00 and 15h00.
You can also meet a variety of waterbirds, caracals, jackals, meerkats, and over 200 free flying birds in a walk-through aviary such as the African wood owl, toco toucan, and spotted eagle. Reptiles include the East African gaboon viper, burmese python, red spitting cobra, green iguana, and leopard tortoise.
Crocworld’s main industry is the farming of crocodiles for their skins, meat, and eggs, and is an educational centre for learning about the world’s crocodile and alligator species.
Activities and times:
- Crocodile feedings: 11h00; 15h00
- Children’s playground
- Horse and Pony rides
- Kiddies farmyard
- Snake demonstration: 10h00; 15h45 on weekdays daily; 11h40 Saturday and Sunday only (out of season)
- Animals Farm and Playground open 09h00 – 17h00 (in season) and 09h00 – 16h30 (out of season)
- Harris Hawk Demonstration 10h00; 15h45 (in season) and 11h40 Saturday and Sunday (out of season)
- Walk through Bird Aviary: 09h00 – 17h00 (in season) and 09h00 – 16h30 (out of season)
- Shark cage diving and dolphin viewing on boats