The CSIR International Convention Centre is a sophisticated venue that prides itself in keeping up-to-date with the latest digital trends. Situated just off the N1 in Pretoria and ideal for conferences and meetings, the centre can host up to 1000 guests at capacity. The facility offers a selection of 14 meeting rooms and boasts state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, live web-streaming, satellite links, Twitter feed streaming, and video conferencing amongst other technical services. The 2 larger auditoriums are equipped with soundproofing, translation and press booths and digital congress network units. The venue works in close collaboration with approved event management companies and has on-site business services.
The venue is situated just off the N1 to the East of Pretoria’s CBD.
There is secure parking on the premises
- The convention centre can be reached via car or taxi
- The CSIR complex can be reached from Pretoria CBD on the City of Tshwane bus (‘Scientia’)
- The CSIR is located close to the Gautrain route and can be reached from the Hatfield Gautrain Station via the Lynnwood bus
VENUE AND CAPACITY
The centre hosts 14 meeting rooms that include auditoriums, conference rooms, breakaway areas, function rooms and an outdoor space. Room capacity ranges from accommodating 10 to 450 guests and the venue can at most entertain 1000 guests at one time. The venue has extensive and advanced technical equipment and services.
- A variety of meeting room types with an outdoor space
- Foyer with central reservations desk
- Registration and refreshments areas
- Highly visible exhibition space
- Business services including banking facilities, travel desks and bureau de change
- State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment
- Other advanced digital support, such as satellite links, live web streaming capability, video conferencing, Twitter feed streaming, translation and press booths
- On-site technician
- Collaboration with approved event management companies
- Disability friendly
- First aid facility
- Secure on-site parking