Eshowe Hospital, a public hospital operated by the KwaZulu Natal Health Department, is situated in Eshowe, KwaZulu Natal. The hospital has 460 beds and serves a population of about 300,000.
The hospital is situated at 40 Kangella Street, Eshowe in KwaZulu Natal. The nearest main road is the R66 that runs through Eshowe, to the East of the hospital. Eshowe is situated 93km South of Ulundi and 81km South-West of Richards Bay on the R66 and R34.
Eshowe Hospital is a provincial hospital, therefore services are free to pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as children under the age of six years old. Other citizens are charged according to a sliding scale depending on their income.
- Crisis care for adult and child abuse
- Dental services
- Flying squad service - optometrist
- General medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- OPD services
- Occupational health
- Mental health services
- Primary Health Care Services - 2 fixed clinics and 51 mobile service points
- General Surgery
Clinical Support Services
General Support Services
- Blood bank
- Social Welfare
- Prevention of mother to child transmission (PMCT)
- Voluntary counselling testing (VCT)
- Antiretroviral roll-out programme (ARV)