Union Hospital is a private hospital in Alberton, Gauteng. The hospital is part of the Netcare group and has 222 beds. Facilities include a 30 Bed, fully equipped Intensive Care Unit, 10 Bed Dedicated Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and a 24 Hour Accident & Emergency Unit with helipad and Netcare 911 base.
The hospital is located at 47 Clinton Road, New Redruth in Alberton in the Gauteng Province. Nearby main roads are the N12 to the North, the N3 to the East, the R554 to the South and the R59 to the West of the hospital.
Medical Aid patients are to follow guidelines set out by their Medical Aid Fund. Private patients will be provided with an estimate by the hospital. The estimate is not the final bill, as many factors determine the final amount, such as specialist fees. The estimate provided by the hospital is payable prior to admission in cash, by eft/internet transfer or debit/credit card.
- 24-Hour Accident & Emergency Unit
Level 1 Trauma Centre:
- A Level 1 Trauma Centre provides total trauma care for the injured patient from point of entry to rehabilitation
- 24-Hour Trauma Surgeon
- 24-Hour Specialist Trauma Team
- 24-Hour Anaesthetist on call
- 24-Hour Emergency operating room available
- A dedicated and registered helipad for emergency access and transfers
- An onsite 24-hour Netcare 911 base, consisting of Advance Life Support Paramedics and Ambulances.
- Cardiothoracic Unit
- Hybrid Vascular Operating Theatre (Hybrid Cath Lab)
- Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- Maxillo-Facial & Oral Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Unit
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Priority Pain Management Unit (Pain Clinic)
- Renal Dialysis Unit
- Sleep Laboratory
- Vascular Surgery
- Wound Management Clinic