Platform 62 Tourism Centre is situated at the Historic Steam locomotive in Ashton, along the famous Route 62 in the Western Cape. The centre is the perfect pitstop for travellers along Route 62 with entertainment for the whole family. Browse the extensive antique and collectibles division, wine taste and purchase some affordable wines in the wine boutique which offers a variety of affordable local wines from around the province.
The Shed Restaurant is a fantastic place to sit back and relax under the shade of the trees or indoors while kids and pets let off some steam in the play area. The menu offers all sorts of food to suit all tastes, including quiche, salad, homemade pis, traditional babotie, and kudu hamburgers, to name a few. Don's miss refueling with some delicious coffee.
- Wine Boutique stocked with wines from local as well as wine cellars from all over the Western Cape
- Shed Restaurant serving meals with a safe playing area for children and pets
- Dried fruit, olives and olive oil, jam, biscuits and rusks.
- Antiques and Collectables
- Arts and crafts
- Art gallery
- Tourist information centre to provide information about the area
- Venue for events such as weddings, birthday parties, etc.
- Free parking and clean restrooms