Vaal Adventures is one of the leading service providers in the adventure and leisure industry! With many activities to choose from such as teambuilding, white water river rafting, paintball, quad biking, kayaking, snorkelling, raft fishing safaris and lots more. Vaal adventures run most of the events in the Vaal triangle, Parys and all over South Africa. Come and have fun with us in nature. Get away from the stress of the city!
River rafting the Upper Vaal River, Vaal Triangle and Deneysville
The upper Vaal River is away from the commercialised Parys stretch. More rugged and adventurous and away from the crowds. It has bigger rapids on lower water levels than Parys. You can raft through many islands and small channels. * Only an hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Oliver Tambo international airport. * No experience needed. * We supply all the equipment. * Raft lunch can be arranged at additional costs. * Teambuilding on all the stretches can be done with activities such as croc polo, raft castle build, croc relay, run the rapid blind etc.
Vaal Dam wall to Viscghat
A very nice stretch of nature filled with beautiful scenery featuring small to bigger rapids and the big Viscghat rapid! * Minimum clients 5 (Maximum clients 80) * Duration 3 to 4 hours on the water * Grading of rapids level 1 to 4 (depending on water level)
Above Viscghat to Danie’s Place
This raft trip has the best rapids of the Vaal Dam to Viscghat stretch. Great for a quick rafting experience. * Duration 1.5 to 2.5 hours on the water * Grading of rapids level 1 to 4 (depending on water level)
DVD of your rafting trip can be made if pre-arranged.
What we provide on the day
- Transport and logistics – once in the vicinity.
- If pre-arranged excellent bush cuisine for brunch, raft lunch or supper.
- Experienced APA trained guides on River Rafting trips.
- All rafting equipment, i.e. Boats, Life Jackets, Helmets, Waterproof Buckets, etc for the duration of the Rafting trip.
- Covering of all costs for servitude, localized transport, etc.
What you will need for the day
- Dry clothes after the rafting trip, swimming costume, towel, hat to prevent sunburn, shorts, t-shirt, sunblock a definite must, windbreaker, spec-floats, soft drinks, snacks for the river, energy drinks, water, wet-suit in winter, sunglasses strap and some SPIRIT FOR ADVENTURE!!!
- Dr's note of fitness - If any medical procedures have been experienced, if on any medication, if subject to any seizures, or other medical conditions, e.g. diabetes, anxiety, do not hesitate to speak up! Personal insurance. Make sure your insurance covers adventure activities.