Shifa Private Hospital is a private hospital in Durban, KwaZulu Natal. The hospital is owned and operated by the Lenmed group.
The hospital is located at 482 Randles Rd, Berea, Durban in KwaZulu Natal. Nearby main roads are the N2 highway to the West, the N3 highway to the South, the M10 to the East and the M19 to the North of the hospital. Berea is located just North-West of Durban Central.
The Hospital charges private and medical aid patients according to tariffs negotiated with the various medical aids.
Patients are to contact their medical aid and ask:
- For pre-authorization regarding their hospitalization and an authorization number
- Whether a motivational letter is required from their doctor
- Which costs will be covered
- What the maximum benefits are
- About exclusions that might be applicable
- Whether patient needs to make a co-payment to the hospital on admission.
Patients should take the following along:
- Medical aid authorization number
- Cash/cheque/credit card for payment of levy/co-payment to the Hospital, if required by their medical aid
- Identity document
- Medical aid card
Private patients who do not belong to a medical aid will need to pay a deposit. - This can be paid by cash, cheque or credit card