Spier Wine Farm is an excellent wine estate in Stellenbosch, Western Cape, with 3 exceptional restaurants, a pub, wine cellar, spa, tours, and eagle encounters available on site. They have been growing grapes and making wine since the early 1700s. Visitors can look forward to village-style buildings, lush green lawns, and magnificent views from Spier Wine Estate.
Spier Vintage Train
- Getting to Spier is easy as the estate has its own exclusive train that runs from a private station in Cape Town directly to the farm in Stellenbosch.
Restaurants and Picnics
- Hotel Restaurant and Wine Bar: Monday to Friday: Breakfast from 06h30 – 10h30, 06h30 – 11h30 on weekends. Light meals served all day in the Wine Bar, dinner from 18h00 – late.
- Eight Restaurant: Tuesday to Sunday: brunch from 10h00 – 12h00, lunch from 12h00 – 15h00, and tea from 15h00 – 16h30.
- Eight to Go Deli: Monday to Sunday from 10h00 – 16h30.
- Moyo at Spier: Monday to Sunday for lunch and dinner from 11h30 – 23h00.
The hotel features a children’s playroom aimed to provide fun and secure childcare services for kids aged 2 – 12 years. They provide a range of activities, including icing biscuits, pizza making, feather arts, and farm walks. Facilities include 2 indoor play areas, 2 bathrooms, 2 undercover outdoor porches, and an outdoor play area.
Sample award-winning wines paired with delicious food in the tasting room on the banks of the Spier dam. You can enjoy a set wine tasting with or without a food pairing, or order whatever you like with an olive, cheese, or cured meat board. Tastings are open daily from 10h00 – 16h30.
- Spier Tasting: 3 wines from the Signature range and one from each of the 2 premium wine ranges, 21 Gables and Creative Block.
- Chocolate and Wine Tasting: Inspired by the Spier Signature Méthode Cap Classique and the Spier Creative Block blends, the chocolatier has carefully chosen chocolates that bring out the flavours of each of the wines.
- Frans K Smit Tasting: The two premium wine ranges plus Spier’s flagship wine, Frans K Smit.
- Children’s Grape Juice Tasting: Kids can enjoy 3 different grape juices and an educational activity sheet highlighting the role insects play in our vineyards.
- 1000-seater open-air amphitheatre
- Wine tasting
- Walks (Heritage and Protea Walks)
- Audio tours of the Spier farmstead
- Dine at the restaurant or have a picnic on the lawn
- Segway tours
- Eagle Encounters
- Camelot Spa
- Craft market
- Hotel accommodation