The southern tip of the African continent is the meeting place of two mighty and bountiful oceans, the Indian and the Atlantic. The Two Oceans Aquarium on the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town is ideally positioned to showcase the incredible diversity of marine life found in these two oceans. The Aquarium is one of the top tourist attractions in Cape Town and over 3000 living sea animals, including sharks, fish, turtles and penguins can be seen in this spectacular underwater nature reserve.
What we do
The Two Oceans Aquarium opened in November 1995 and is recognised as one of the top tourist attractions in Cape Town. It has established itself as a key player in raising environmental awareness through its high-quality exhibits, conservation and education programmes. The Aquarium is rapidly gaining recognition as a leading environmental education centre in South Africa. It is also respected internationally for its high standards of animal husbandry and the expertise of its staff in collecting and transporting live animals. The Two Oceans Aquarium Trust is a private body carrying on business as a public aquarium with emphasis on education and entertainment.
- Predator Exhibit
- The Skretting Diversity Gallery
- I&J Ocean Exhibit
- Smart Living Challenge Zone
- Penguin Exhibit
- Kelp Forest Exhibit
- The Touch Pool and Microscope Exhibits
- I&J Ocean Exhibit - Daily at 12:00 and 14:00
- Penguin Exhibit - Daily at 11:30 and 14:30
- Predator Exhibit - Sundays at 15:00
- SCUBA DIVING Divers of all skill levels - from complete novices to seasoned pros - can get up close to the turtles, rays, guitarfish and friends of the I&J Ocean Exhibit. Qualified divers can now also swim with the sharks of the Predator Exhibit - no cage required!
- PENGUIN EXPERIENCE Get up close and personal with the adorable northern rockhopper penguins of the Two Oceans Aquarium. You can meet our too-cute rescue rockies through an awesome interactive Penguin Experience.
- OCEAN EXPERIENCE A brand new, unique opportunity to get a lot closer and a bit more personal with the animals of the I&J Ocean Exhibit. Engage with the friendly rescue turtles in our secure environment, and get a privileged look (with mask and snorkel) at the beautiful short-tail stingrays, the man-faced black musselcracker, giant guitarfish and the nearly 200 other fish swimming around this large-scale open ocean exhibit.