Tygerberg Hospital is a tertiary teaching hospital in the Tygerberg Eastern Health District of the Metro Region. The hospital has 1,400 beds and is situated in Parow, Western Cape. Tygerberg hospital is the largest hospital in the Western Cape and the second largest in South Africa.
The hospital is situated in Francie van Zijl Avenue, Tygerberg in Parow, Western Cape. Nearby main roads are the R102 to the North and the R300 to the East of the hospital. Parow is located 20km East of Cape Town CBD and 18km South-West of Durbanville.
Tygerberg hospital is a public hospital and therefore services are free to pregnant and breastfeeding women, as well as children under the age of six years old and pensioners. Other patients are charged a consultation and/or admission fee.
- 26-Bed Private Ward.
- Carel du Toit Centre for the Hearing Impaired.
- Centre for Mental Health.
- Clinical Nutrition and Vitaminology Service.
- Clinical Retinal Laboratory.
- Cochlear Implant Unit.
- Complex Craniofacial Surgery Unit.
- Complex Radiation and Oncological Therapy.
- Day Surgery Unit.
- Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Facility.
- In-Vitro Fertilisation.
- Kidney Transplant Unit.
- Laboratory for Human Genetics.
- MRI with FMRI Facility and Additional 3t MRI Machine.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Neuropsychiatry Unit.
- Only Adult Burns Unit in the Western Cape.
- Open Heart Surgery Unit.
- Perinatal Mortality Unit.
- Poison Information Centre.
- Postnatal Stress Disorder Unit.
- Princess of Wales Trauma Unit
- Specialised Pulmonary Function Laboratory.
- Tuberculosis Clinical Work Unit.
- TygerBear Unit - Social Work Unit.
- Tygerberg Children's Hospital