Ethekwini Hospital and Heart Centre is a private hospital in Durban, KwaZulu Natal. The hospital is owned and operated by the Lenmed group and has 250 beds. Heart, kidney and lung transplants are performed at the hospital.
The hospital is located at 11 Riverhorse Drive, Queen Nandi Drive, Durban in the KwaZulu Natal. Nearby main roads are the N2 highway to the East of the hospital and the M45 to the North. The hospital is located in Durban North.
The Hospital charges private and medical aid patients according to tariffs negotiated with the various medical aids.
Patients are to contact their medical aid and ask:
- For pre-authorization regarding their hospitalization and an authorization number
- Whether a motivational letter is required from their doctor
- Which costs will be covered
- What the maximum benefits are
- About exclusions that might be applicable
- Whether patient needs to make a co-payment to the hospital on admission.
Patients should take the following along:
- Medical aid authorization number
- Cash/cheque/credit card for payment of levy/co-payment to the Hospital, if required by their medical aid
- Identity document
- Medical aid card
Private patients who do not belong to a medical aid will need to pay a deposit. This can be paid by cash, cheque or credit card
- 2 Cardiac Cathetisation Labs
- Cardiac Theatre
- 4 Major Operating Theatres
- 42 bed ICU
- 24 Hour Trauma Unit
- Radiology and Pathology
- Transplant Programme