St Francis Provincial Hospital, a public hospital operated by the KwaZulu Natal Health Department, is situated in Ulundi, KwaZulu Natal. The hospital has 96 beds and future plans for the hospital include designating it as a District Psychiatric hospital.
The hospital is situated in Mahlabatini, just North of Ulundi in KwaZulu Natal. The nearest main road is the R66 to the West. Nearby towns are Vryheid, 103km North-West of the hospital and Mtubatuba, 144km to the East.
St Francis Hospital is a provincial hospital, therefore services are free to pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as children under the age of six years old. Other citizens are charged according to a sliding scale depending on their income.
- Community Health Workers Programme
- Counselling Services
- Decentralised Psychiatry for students from the University of Natal
- Eye care services with the help of a nurse from Nkonjeni
- Geriatric services and chronics
- Maternal Child and Women's Health
- Out Patients Services
- Pharmaceutical Services
- Primary Health Care Services
- Rehabilitation Services for the disabled
- Services of a Psychiatrist part time from Richards Bay - Dr. Latecki
- Social Welfare Services