St Mary’s Mission Hospital is a government-aided private hospital situated in Pinetown, KwaZulu Natal. The hospital was built in 1927 and has 200 beds. The hospital receives grant funding from the KwaZulu Natal Department of Health to deliver level 1 public health services (GP based hospital services) to public patients.
The hospital is situated at 1 Hospital Road, Mariannhill in Pinetown in KwaZulu Natal. Nearby main roads are the M1 to the East of the hospital and the N3 highway to the North. Pinetown is located 20km West of Durban central along the N3 highway.
St Mary’s Mission Hospital receives funding from the KwaZulu Natal Department of Health, and thus charges government hospital rates to patients referred by clinics.
- 24-hour casualty service.
- After-hours service addresses emergency cases with full-time doctors in attendance.
- The out-patients services are offered Monday to Friday from 07:30 am to 16:30 pm.
- Male and female surgical in-patient wards. Surgical cases include orthopaedics, general
- surgery and gynaecology services.
- Male and female medical in-patient wards.
- Paediatric in-patient ward which includes basinets, incubators, cots and beds.
- Maternity in-patient ward. The ante-natal and post-natal mothers are combined in the same
- ward. The Nursery in-patient wards have bassinets and include a high care nursery.
- A Midwifery and Obstetrics Unit is operational on a 24-hour basis. (12 recovery beds)
- X-ray department
- Dental services
- Laboratory services
- Social Worker
- Community Outreach Centre
- Pharmacy is in operation on weekdays.
- Pastoral Care Counselling Services
- Dietetic Services
- HIV and AIDS Counselling Services
- Social Worker Services