We're looking for more excellent-quality engineers and developers to join the LekkeSlaap.co.za / TravelGround.com team.
We have a front-end system that supports millions of page views per month, and our hotel management and customer service back-end is used by over 24,000 accommodation properties across South Africa to manage their bookings and profiles. With all our software including call-centre and CRM technology developed in-house, we pride ourselves on delivering a quality eCommerce experience to all our customers.
You'll work in a close-knit dev team, and you'll also be an active and valued member of our wider 100-person strong company of writers, designers, marketers and generally interesting people.
What you will be working with:
- Building services and APIs on our backend using PHP, Python, and C++.
- Our infrastructure utilises MariaDB MySQL and Redis for storage and Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack.
- We also utilise services and tools like S3, RabbitMQ, Ansible, Pingdom, Sentry, NewRelic, GitHub.
- You will help decide and plan which features we will build, and how they are designed and implemented.
Perks of being a developer at LekkeSlaap:
- Work alongside some of the brightest and the best Computer Science and Engineering graduates.
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web- dev and mobile-dev.
- You will get a budget to choose your own computer and setup.
- Full access to company earnings, conversion rates and sales, allowing you to see the immediate effect of your own work on the company's success.
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you may wish to attend.
- Interact with 100+ other non-developers, such as writers, designers, marketers, etc
- Great perks, such as free nationwide gym membership (Virgin Active is 70m away!)
- The dev team has a chill room with a table-tennis table and a private balcony with a Weber for impromptu lunch-braais.
- We also have an amazing Jura coffee machine supplied with fresh beans.
- In addition to your regular leave, each staff members gets a bonus half-day leave each month with only one-day notice.
Preferred skills that you have*
- PHP & MySQL
- Experience with Version Control
- You know your way around the terminal
- Sysadmin or design skills would be an advantage
*While prior knowledge of the above technologies would be a bonus, we are happy to train smart Computer Science (or related field) graduates who are proficient in at least one programming language.
Please email your CV and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org