Careers at TravelGround
At TravelGround and our sister site LekkeSlaap.co.za, we're a bunch of fun-loving, hard-working people with a passion for what we do! If you think this sounds like your kind of place, we'd love to hear from you.
Full-stack e-Commerce Web Developer
We're looking for more excellent-quality engineers and developers to help us become the easiest way to find and book accommodation online.
We have a front-end system that supports millions of page views per month, and our hotel management and customer service back-end is used by over 20000 accommodation properties across South Africa to manage their bookings and profiles. With all our software (including call-center and CRM technology) developed in-house, we pride ourselves on delivering a quality eCommerce experience to all our customers.
You'll work in a close-knit dev team, and you'll also be an active and valued member of our wider 74-person strong company of writers, designers, marketers and generally interesting people.
- PHP, MariaDB & Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack
- Continuous integration build process with Ansible for DevOps
- Virtualization used both in development and for our server setups
- We also use Redis, Python, Node.js and C++
- We also make use of latest front-end frameworks like Vue.js
Pros of being a developer at TravelGround:
- Dynamic, startup culture where every person has real impact
- Work in a fast-paced, high-traffic environment
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web-dev and mobile-dev
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you may wish to attend
- Great perks, such as free gym membership (Virgin Active is 70m away!) and monthly half-days
- Full access to company earnings, conversion rates and sales, allowing you to see the immediate affect of your own work on the company's success
- Our developers are encouraged to participate actively in business strategy and tactics
- You'll work alongside some of the brightest and the best Computer Science and Engineering graduates
Skills and Experience
- PHP & MySQL
- Strong HTML, CSS & JS/JQuery skills
- Experience with Version Control
- You know your way around the terminal
- You have heard of terms such as Agile, TDD and MVC
- Sysadmin or design skills would be an advantage
While prior knowledge of the above technologies would be a bonus, we are happy to train smart Computer Science (or related field) graduates who are proficient in at least one programming language.
Ready to Apply?
Send us your CV with a cover letter motivating your application to email@example.com. Feel free to add any relevant links, like your Github and StackOverflow accounts or personal portfolio, that showcase your skills and experience.
Send us your application!
Don't see a position that fits exactly, but feel you can make a meaningful contribution in another area? We're excited to hear more. Please send a email detailing what you have in mind, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org